Thursday, March 14, 2013

ACP: 5 excuses physicians and patients should question

We all know that ultimately, it's changing the delivery of health care that  is needed to bend the cost curve.  I've written before about the Choosing Wisely campaign, a very important initiative to help patients choose appropriate care/testing.  Unfortunately we know that any attempt to change the status quo is bound to be met with resistance.

This excellent column addresses some of that resistance.  Yul Ejnes the the Immediate Past Chair, Board of Regents, American College of Physicians discusses five excuses not to follow the Choosing Wisely guidelines.

ACP: 5 excuses physicians and patients should question:

Note that with this post I'm returning to my health care blog.  For the past several years I've been posting on Facebook instead.  Given my imperfect nature I was finding sometimes I'd also share on LinkedIn and/or Twitter and sometimes not.  I'm now using twitterfeed.com to automatically share across platforms.  We'll see how this works...